Sunday, October 31, 2010

APRICOT

'I am grateful for the blue collar worker whose existence allows artists to not have to work at menial jobs.'
BEN BRIAND.
DIRECTOR. WRITER. PHOTOGRAPHER.
Ben Briand is an Australian film director, known mostly for his work in films and commercials. Briand has recently created a trilogy of three short films that you MUST see. APRICOT is a delicately crafted visual experience, that actually left me in tears after only 10 minutes and 39seconds. It is beyond beautiful, and more real than any other short film I have every witnessed. I had to share his creation with you!


Ben Briand’s work is astonishing. There is texture in his work that I have not seen in any film. He possesses the ability to create pictures that are visually remarkable, yet he avoids illusion and instead nurtures unparalleled emotion from the viewers through honest and simple characters. Braind’s work largely explores his two favourite themes of memory and identity.
Briand also does a lot of commercials and still images which will amaze you as well! The raw, vintage beauty of his photos will leave you inspired and wanting more. I also recommend checking out his work for the Lover, Autumn Winter 2007 collection[ http://www.benbriand.com/splash/lover/l_index.html ] this too blew me away. The colours, the models, the clothing, the music, the props is just perfect. His commercial work is never a pressured marketing stunt but rather captures the audience with its beauty and uniqueness.

If you fall in love with his art like I did and want more, you should see his other two recently developed short films back 'Castor & Pollux' and ' Some Static Started' and check out his website too – it will soon be added to your favourites list I assure you!

No comments:

Post a Comment